Specialties Graphic Design, Social Media, Website and App Design, Project Management, QA Testing, Graphic Design, Social Media, Photography
Software Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, WordPress, Microsoft Office / Apple iWork, HTML
Hardware DSLR Cameras, Sewing Machines, Printmaking, Arc Welding, Fabrication Studios
University of Idaho
B.S. Virtual Technology and Design, Art Minor (2013)
• Dean’s List – 2009-2013 • Teaching Assistant- World Art & Culture – 2012-2013 • Teaching Assistant- Introduction to Virtual Design – 2011 • Kappa Kappa Gamma (Registrar, Technology Chair, Public Relations Chair) • Integrated Designers Educators and Artists (IDEA) Member
Project Manager / Designer Not Without Us – Interactive Marketing Agency (July 2014 – Current)
Services we offer: • iOS Application Development • Android Application Development • UX/UI Design • Web Design and Development • Quality Assurance Testing • Brand Development • Unity Game Development • Augmented Reality • Bluetooth Beacons
Freelance Designer (April 2013 – April 2015)
• Designed user interfaces, product packaging, logos, and other various print and web graphics. • Created simple DIY projects that were produced into kits and sold online at www.DarbySmart.com to design DIY kits.
Designer iShoutOut (May 2013 – Nov. 2013)
• Designed clean and intuitive user interfaces for web amd mobile applications. • Managed and curated content for iShoutOut’s blog and many social media accounts. • Tested iOS and Android apps and provided detailed steps to reproduce bugs to facilitate rapid repairs. • Regularly worked both independently and collaboratively with design, development, and sales teams.
Administrative Assistant Prichard Art Gallery (March 2012 – May 2013)
• Prepared and processed bills, reviewed and deposited gallery revenue bi-weekly. • Designed marketing collateral for retail store, gallery events, and education program. • Trained new gallery monitors, aided artists with installations, oversaw exhibit receptions. • Promoted from Gallery Monitor to Administrative Assistant in July 2012.
Marketing/Design Intern Button Me Up (May 2011 – August 2012)
• Designed web/social media materials for handmade jewelry company. • Graphics included: banners, advertisements, and flyers.
Global Top 20 People’s Choice Finalist International Space Apps Challenge, NASA (2014)
Photography Contest Winner Shutterbugs Category, Google Inc. (2013)
Best in Show Undergraduate Juried Exhibition, Ridenbaugh Art Gallery (2013)
Best Single Person Wearable Sculpture 25 Year Celebration, Prichard Art Gallery (2011)
Best in Class Recycled/Wearable Art, Latah County Fair (2011)
Best Second Year Portfolio Virtual Technology and Design, University of Idaho (2011)
laura.olphie (a) gmail (.) com